You’re a member of the financial services department at Benson Regional Medical Center. The chief financial officer and chair of the capital budgeting committee, Dana Foster, has requested that you perform some capital analysis of two proposed patient service programs.
- Start by downloading the Week 8 Discussion Spreadsheet [XLSX].
- Use the spreadsheet to find the information needed to complete a net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), and a discounted payback period for proposed Programs A and B.
- Once you have completed the capital budgeting analyses, prepare a narrated PowerPoint presentation that provides:
- A brief description of the proposed programs (A & B)*.
- The cash flows projections for each option from Year 0 through Year 5.
- The results and interpretation of the discounted payback period.
- Net present value (NPV).
- Internal rate of return (IRR).
- In addition, you will be expected to state which program you would like to move forward to the full Capital Budgeting Committee for their consideration with supporting rationale. The presentation should be limited to 10 minutes. Submit the spreadsheet along with the slide deck.