- a minimum of 3000 words of writing, including in- class (discussion posts) and out-of-class assignments (research paper). In this course, you will write 1 term paper. Follow these instructions for the paper:
- Choose 5 DIFFERENT CASE STUDIES (they should be the case studies reviewed in class).
- You are to analyze ALL 5 of the case studies using ONLY ONE of the following ethical theories: Kantian Deontology, Utilitarianism, Virtue Ethics, Rawls theory, Nozick’s theory or Marxism.
- Before you provide any case study analysis, provide a section that accurately describes the theory you will be using.
- TIP: Avoid using phrases like: “In my opinion,” “I believe,” “Ethics is difficult and not certain, so it is hard to tell if this ethical theory is right or not.” This is an ETHICS course, so don’t do or say anything in your ETHICS PAPER that would undermine ethics as a discipline. Further, you are making an ARGUMENT in this paper, as such there is no room for “personal opinions” or “feelings.” Just turn those opinions and feelings into statements of fact.
- This paper should be no less than 8 full pages and no more than 10. This paper should be well written, typed, doubled spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman (Or equivalent font). No cover sheet needed. Include proper citation.
- What ethical theory are you going to apply in your paper?
For my paper topic the ethical theory I will be applying is Utilitarianism for my ethical theory.
- What case studies are you going to assess?
The case studies I will be using for my paper topic are as following hellish wok day at amazon, one nation under walmart, hacking harvard case study, challenger case study and nestle and advertisement.