Please use your textbook and to answer both discussion questions.
– You are required to solely use your textbook to answer the questions.
– No other outside sources are required to answer the questions.
– The more details and examples you use to write your responses, the more points you will likely get.
– You are graded on the originality of your response, the depth, and critical thinking you bring to the discussion.
– Be sure responses are in your own words, and your own work. Originality is important, and I implore you not to copy the text verbatim from the text. If you do, please be sure to cite the source and page number from the textbook, as I have done in the Online Discussion sample.
– Use that as a template how to answer and cite information from a source. If you do not cite sources/textbook, you will get 0 points if you borrowed information form that source.
– Responses should be at least 300-350 words per question (it’s okay to go over the word limit).
- A) Why did so many people participate in politics in the latter part of the 1800’s? Did they have any expectations as a result of being active and outspoken, and how does this tie into the industrial revolution that took place in the United States during this period? Please include at least two key terms and/or individuals in your response. Be sure to put these in BOLD/Italicized/or underlined so they are easier to identify.
- B) Let’s talk about BIGGER things relevant to how American society and its global interests might be shifting. What were some of the motivating factors that prompted Americans to expand cultural, social, and economic interests of the time? Who were some of the figures that were involved, and what ideas did they advocate? Please include at least four key terms and/or individuals in your response. Be sure to put these in BOLD/Italicized/or underlined so they are easier to identify.