Read the following scenario and answer the corresponding questions upon your completion.
You recently earned your Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, and you are excited to share the news with your manager. After a short discussion, the manager looks at you and says, “Shawn, let’s not waste any time. I have a big project that just hit my desk. We are going to automate the medical records processes for an established hospital in Omaha. Congrats! You’re in charge!”
When you walked in to see your manager, you were excited. Now, you are scared! Although you just passed the PMP exam, you are unsure that you can lead such a big project. On the way back to your desk, the light bulb goes off, and you start thinking about how leaders surround themselves with top-notch team members.
Provide your response to the following questions:
1. What advice do you give Shawn regarding forming the project team?
2. How should Shawn handle the situation where some team members possess far more experience managing these types of projects?
3. What are some ground rules that Shawn should consider?
4. What might happen to Shawn’s career if he is honest with his manager and tells her that he lacks the experience needed for this project?
5. Once the project is complete, what are some items that Shawn should include in the lessons learned?
You will need to identify your own thoughts to support your point of view. Your response should be a minimum of one page in length written in standard essay form according to APA style guidelines.