This assignment, an Article Review, will assist you in thinking critically about sentencing in the United States. To begin this assignment, please access the CSU Online Library and select an article. This article should be from a professional or scholarly journal. Additionally, the article selected should be no more than four years old.
Upon selecting the article, please complete an Article Review. The review should include the following,
- A summary of the article (1/2-1 page).
- Summarize the main points which the author discusses.
- Identify the main argument.
- This summary should provide background for the analysis you provide (see below).
- An analysis of the article.
- This is the most important part of the review and should be most of your paper.
- In this section, you should show that you not only read the article, but also that you are thinking critically about it.
- Think about the following when analyzing this article:
- Is the argument clear and organized?
- Is evidence presented, more than simply opinion?
- Is the argument logical, does it make sense?
- Does the argument match with what you know of the topic?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is the argument convincing? Why or why not?
- Is the argument conventional, controversial, boring, safe, etc.?
- What suggestions do you have for the author to improve the argument? Did he/she forget to add any significant information (if so, what)?
- Is this useful for those who study this topic? Why and how?
The completed review should be at least three pages in length (not including the title and references pages). All sources used must be cited and referenced according to APA style.