Thoroughly respond to the following prompt:
Compose a position argument on a controversial issue related to education. Before you take
a position, learn more about the issue and the debate surrounding it. Then frame the issue
so readers recognize that it merits their attention, consider and respond to views that differ
from yours, and develop a well
-supported, clearly organized argument that will confirm,
challenge, or change your readers’ views.
– Essay must be at least 1,500 words (not including the Works Cited page). Please include the
word count in your heading.
– Works Cited page is required and must, like the rest of the essay, follow MLA format.
– At least one credible source is required.
– Your essay must be submitted on Canvas by the deadline.
Before turning in your essay, make sure your essay abides by the four basic features of this
– A Focused, Well-Presented Issue
– A Well-Supported Position
– An Effective Response
– A Clear, Logical Organization