3) Find the grading rubric in the top right hand page drop down menu with gear.
4) Write using your own words. Canvas will check your file for plagiarism. If you copy any word or phrase place it in quotation marks with the URL in the body of the paper.
5) Only use the websites listed below.
6) No outside research is allowed.
Answer all the questions listed below:
Respond to all parts of the questions asked in a thoughtful and thorough manner.
You can number your responses to correspond to the questions asked but you must write in essay format.
Do not skip spaces between responses.
Do not repeat the questions.
Do not type a heading, title. Place only your name on the paper.
Do not embed images of the photographs in your paper
Type the word count at the end of your last line.
Minimum word count 300. Maximum word count 650.
Use different photographs as evidence and examples. Do not use the same photograph twice even in answering a different question.
Upload as a file with format doc, docx ,rtf or pdf.
Review the “Child Labor” photographs by Lewis Hine and Jacob Riis
The material for this assignment can be found on these websites below:
This site has thumbnails of the photographs. If you click on the image it will be enlarged. (Concentrate on the photos related to life in the cities and to children and people at work).
In the middle of the page click on the “Photographs” link.
You can view the photographs as a slide show. Click on the “arrow” to advance the photos. Click on the photos to enlarge them.
Answer all the questions below:
- How do the photographs of both Lewis Hine and Jacob Riis represent the concerns of the Progressive Era reformers. Offer 2 specific examples from the photographs. (Use different illustrations in your submission as you respond to the questions raised in the assignment).
- What surprised you about the photographs? Describe 2 specific examples from photographs (name the specific photos) to back up your generalizations in your responses to this question.
Use different photographs as examples and describe the photographs in detail throughout your paper
- Describe two (2) Progressive reforms on either the local, state, or national level that addressed the concerns of Hine and/or Riis as illustrated in their photos.
Describe the reforms.
b) Were these reforms realized during the Progressive Era? (before 1920)
Use different photographs in each question for your examples and illustrations.